hi..new to tomtom and would love hints/advice

i have a tomtom 510 that was reconditioned. it wasnt working well at first, but the customer service has been wonderful and now its amazing...id just like to know if there are any tips/hints/etc.. you would be willing to share with me.

thanks!!!
jeannie

i have a tomtom 510 that was reconditioned. it wasnt working well at first, but the customer service has been wonderful and now its amazing...id just like to know if there are any tips/hints/etc.. you would be willing to share with me.

thanks!!!
jeannie

Welcome.....

Read the manual. Make a complete backup of your unit using Windows Explorer, rather than TomTom home and save it to a folder on the computer...just in case. Take whatever software and map updates may be offered when you connect using TomTom Home software. Read the various threads in the forums. Do a google search for sites that may offer some custom points of interests (poi's) to supplement those that came installed. Always remember that there are no stupid questions so ask away in this forum whenever you have a question or want help. Get out and play with the unit. See what it can, and cannot do for you.

Anyway........you asked.;)

Ask a Question