Help with TT 910

Hi all

I have somehow managed to delete all the content from the currentmap.dat file and now whenever i start up my tt it says no maps found. Can someone please tell me what info should be in that file so it will open my map again. i understand it tells the tt where to find the map but im not sure how it is written

Hopefully, you have a backup. If so, just restore.

Also, I don't know whether this will help, but the contents of my file show this:

! /mnt/movinand/North_America_2GB/

So, you may want to try to recreate the contents of your file to be similar to that. Spacing is obviously important [3 spaces between the ! and the /] and, of course, you'll need to change the name of the map to match EXACTLY the name of the map folder ou have on the 910.

If that doesn't work for you and you don't have a backup, I guess you'll need to call TT Support.

Moral of story: ALWAYS have a backup done with Explorer, not Home.

Hi

thanks for your reply, i didnt have a backup which is how i got myself into so much trouble. I have since purchased a map from the tomtom site which has fixed the problem. The first thing i did once it had installed was create a backup which i have placed onto my server.

Thanks for your help

Jamie

Ask a Question