Help new xl 340s

I just got this and was playing arounnd with it and it didnt read my home address where my 4 yr old tomtom did so I connected it to the internet and updated the new maps and where it said it restarted the device for the new features it shutdown and then froze on the startup screen and i held the power button down till it went green and its still doing the same thing???
What should I do?
Thanks

Sounds as if you disconnected the unit prematurely from Home before all information could be written to flash memory.

If you did succesfully download the new map, it should be here on your computer in compressed format:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

Use Explorer to confirm it is there.

If so:
1. connect the unit to the computer. Don't start Home.
2. Delete all loose files in the root of the unit. No Folders or their contents.
3. Disconnect the unit properly from the computer using the Hardware Device disconnect icon in your notification area.
4. Restart the unit and connect to Home. It should offer an application. Accept it and install.
5. Disconnect PROPERLY from Home using the Device disconnect icon on the bottom right of the screen and WAIT till your unit reboots, and you see the 'do you want to connect to the computer'? Say 'yes'.
6. Start Home again and, this time, use the Add Voices/maps icon to install the new map.
7. When installed, again disconnect properly from Home.

ok thanks but im not very computer smart when it comes to this stuff i just bought it today so i went to radio shack and swapped it. And im not gonna use tomtom home till i have someone show me what to do wiith it this time.
But under tomtom version it says app. 8.415 is that my version? and is that the most up to date version?
Thanks

Ask a Question