Help Installing Second Set of Maps

Hello,

I have TT6 installed on a HTC Mogul. I have been a happy user of the USA and Canada maps for sometime now and want to add the Western Europe Country maps.

I have downloaded the countries I want and placed them in the root directory of the SD card.... however whenever I start TT6 and attempt to switch, the software does not find the maps.

I also use the SD card to store other things for my phone, such as MP3 files.... could this be the issue?

Make sure that the maps are within a folder of the root directory of the SD card. In my case, the EU map's folder was labled Western Europe - note the space in between. I have not been using Nav6 for years after I sold my smartphone but installing maps was done via a built-in software after downloading the map. The other method is to simply extract the files from the downloaded file and copy them over to the folder of the SD card. To do this off course, you'll need to insert the SD card in a card reader.

Just a minor point but it may help. :)
Some PDAs do not hold the maps in a folder on the root directory, make sure that you place the Europe folder in the same location as the USA folder.

If you have a card reader and a spare SD card what you could do is copy the original card onto the spare card and then substitute the USA folder with the European one.

Just a thought, in no way meant to degrade what Zerimar has said.

Ask a Question