Hello from South Jersey

TomTom Model(s)
TT One "NEW" EDITION v7.162 map7.15
Just got the TT One "New Edition this week. The first time I did an update, it crashed while copying files from computer to TT after download to the computer. It took an hour and three phone calls to TT CS. The final rep took my suggestion and had me reformat the TT drive then reinstall everything.

Anyway, we can go into details later. My question is: After updating the TT 2nd Ed and getting the latest Applications and Maps, what is the difference between the updated 2nd and a 3rd edition TT?

I see the "Itiniary" button is now gone, is this the same as "Plan Ahead"?

Is there a new owners manual for the updated 2nd or should I download the 3rd Ed op man?

Well it's been a busy three days getting this thing up and running and trying to learn how to use it. I look forward to learning a bunch here...

Just got the TT One "New Edition this week. The first time I did an update, it crashed while copying files from computer to TT after download to the computer. It took an hour and three phone calls to TT CS. The final rep took my suggestion and had me reformat the TT drive then reinstall everything.

Anyway, we can go into details later. My question is: After updating the TT 2nd Ed and getting the latest Applications and Maps, what is the difference between the updated 2nd and a 3rd edition TT?

I see the "Itiniary" button is now gone, is this the same as "Plan Ahead"?

Is there a new owners manual for the updated 2nd or should I download the 3rd Ed op man?

Well it's been a busy three days getting this thing up and running and trying to learn how to use it. I look forward to learning a bunch here...
Hey Larry, welcome to the forum! Check out this site for adding the itinerary function to your 3rd edition. Courtesy of Birdman.
http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/TomTom_custom.html

Found Itinerary

"ITINERARY" was just hidden because I had Show All Button off.

I learned alot this weekend by reading the manual.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info around here and the people here should be able to help you out.

I am stuck again

I logged on to TT Home and an Update came into my One.

While loged in I looked at POIs that can be downloaded.

Lighthouses looked neat, so I downloaded and installed.

For the lat four hours I have been trying to get my One to work. When not connected to computer, it locks up then reboots then locks up then reboots....

When connected to Home it runs fine. Interestingly, version is 7.163.

I finally tried to reinstall original App 6.56 and now TT works ok by itself.

If I reload 7.162, it goes back to reboot cycle....

What happened???

I logged on to TT Home and an Update came into my One.

While loged in I looked at POIs that can be downloaded.

Lighthouses looked neat, so I downloaded and installed.

For the lat four hours I have been trying to get my One to work. When not connected to computer, it locks up then reboots then locks up then reboots....

When connected to Home it runs fine. Interestingly, version is 7.163.

I finally tried to reinstall original App 6.56 and now TT works ok by itself.

If I reload 7.162, it goes back to reboot cycle....

What happened???
Try the clear flash tool, I think Birdman has the link on his site:

Try the clear flash tool, I think Birdman has the link on his site:

Tried that last night, no improvement.

What is interesting is that it works fine with older App 5.65, but when I remove App then Install 7.162 it goes into the reboot loop. Sometimes it will freeze instantly, sometimes the One wil work for 5 minutes before freeze, then reboot.

It also shows version 7.163, not 7.162 on One and thru Home.

:confused:

Tried that last night, no improvement.

What is interesting is that it works fine with older App 5.65, but when I remove App then Install 7.162 it goes into the reboot loop. Sometimes it will freeze instantly, sometimes the One wil work for 5 minutes before freeze, then reboot.

It also shows version 7.163, not 7.162 on One and thru Home.

:confused:
Have you tried the pin reset when it locks up?

Yes. Finally did a Format of One, then reload of app and maps.

I am back up and running.
:)

Ask a Question