Hello from South Alabama.

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720 with 920 POI's
Hello all. Joined a while back but just got my brand spanking new Go 720. I've learned tons by reading this forum. The main reasons I have a GPS are POI quantity and the ability to update them and updated maps. To me the POI database is the number one thing I look for in a unit.

To give a little background. I've owned four different brands of navigation systems and TomTom is the best so far. Below is a list of what I've owned and my likes and dislikes of them.

Cobra, Support non existent, POI's lacking. Enough said.

Lowrance IWay 500C, Tons of POI's but no way to add to them. Extremely configurable interface but is huge and heavy. (this in my second favorite unit)

Lowrance Iway 250, small 3.5" screen, Configurable but lacking in POI's and no way to add more.

Garmin Nuvi 660, good form factor, Absolutely no configurability, severely lacking in POI's and though you can add your own it doesn't search the customs during a regular POI search. No multiple waypoint routing. Garmin seems to be more about how many models they can make than support for existing custoomers.

TomTom Go 720, Came loaded with 710 maps, called and within an hour I had the 715 maps added to my account (read EXCELLENT customer service). Since I found out I could use the 920 POI's on my 720 the POI data is enormous! The ability to configure the interface as well as have custom programming. AND the number one reason I love my 720 is the mapshare function. I think the ease in which you can make corrections and share them will be the biggest improvement in map and POI accuracy. and this is good for us the users of the units.

Ask a Question