Hello and help!

Hello everyone.
My name is Gerry, I live on the Cambridge/Suffolk border and I have a question for you all.
I have a TomTom Go 520 Traffic which works fine.............for about half an hour!
Then the battery symbol appears and it all goes dead :confused:
I can't seem to find any battery within the unit and wondered what exactly is wrong?
Can anyone help please?
Thanks,
Gerry.

Are you using the device with the supplied car charger cable?

There is a battery inside the device but its quite a tear down to extract it, new batteries are available from e-bay and there some excellent instructions on changing the x20 battery on this forum if you need them - Mike

Battery problem.

Thanks for that info Mike.
I am using the in car cable when using it but having only had it for about two years, I'm a little dissapointed that it's died already.
Is this unusual?

Cheers,
Gerry.

Depends upon a lot of different things as to the life of a battery, once they get passed 18 months they are on the decline, some just die off slowly, others can go rather quicker - The battery isn't impossible to change in an x20 but its not the easiest - Mike

Hello everyone.
My name is Gerry, I live on the Cambridge/Suffolk border and I have a question for you all.
I have a TomTom Go 520 Traffic which works fine.............for about half an hour!
Then the battery symbol appears and it all goes dead :confused:
I can't seem to find any battery within the unit and wondered what exactly is wrong?
Can anyone help please?
Thanks,
Gerry.

Hi Gerry,

Do you mean the unit just dies even when it is still connected to the dock and to the car charger and being charged?
If it is so then probably something is wrong with your docking mount or charger or something.
The car charger has a fuse in it - are you sure the fuse is still intact or has it blown?

Ask a Question