Hello and help

I received a TomTOm Go 730 for xmas. I got the latest updates and some POIs from TomTom Home. I found a POI fole here (Petsmart) that I wanted to install. Is there a tool for this? I am running an Intel Mac with the latest OS.I have the folder with the .bmp nd .ov2 files in my "downloads" folder on the mac. not sure how to get those files on the TOMTOM properly. THnaks for your help. Donna

I received a TomTOm Go 730 for xmas. I got the latest updates and some POIs from TomTom Home. I found a POI fole here (Petsmart) that I wanted to install. Is there a tool for this? I am running an Intel Mac with the latest OS.I have the folder with the .bmp nd .ov2 files in my "downloads" folder on the mac. not sure how to get those files on the TOMTOM properly. THnaks for your help. Donna

Welcome to the forum !

May I 1st suggest you do a complete Backup of you unit if you haven't allredy done so.

All you need to do is copy thos two folders into your N/A map folder.

There is a free download program that is great to use to view POI's edit them and save/copy them to your TT.

The thing I don't know is if this works with Mac ?? But have a look here.

Reply to answer with question

Welcome to the forum !

May I 1st suggest you do a complete Backup of you unit if you haven't allredy done so.

All you need to do is copy thos two folders into your N/A map folder.

There is a free download program that is great to use to view POI's edit them and save/copy them to your TT.

The thing I don't know is if this works with Mac ?? But have a look here.

I know have the .ov2 and the .bmp in the folder labeled "North America_2GB". I connected my go 730, but nothing happened. Do i have to do anything with TOMTOM Home? I am not sure how i get the GO to load the new files? I checked under the POI catagories and the new information was not on the unit. ANy advice? THanks

I know have the .ov2 and the .bmp in the folder labeled "North America_2GB". I connected my go 730, but nothing happened. Do i have to do anything with TOMTOM Home? I am not sure how i get the GO to load the new files? I checked under the POI catagories and the new information was not on the unit. ANy advice? THanks
when you look in your N/A folder ( in my computer tomtom ) or what ever it is called with Mac do you see any POI files ? I know nothing about mac so I might be better to let someone else help here.

when you look in your N/A folder ( in my computer tomtom ) or what ever it is called with Mac do you see any POI files ? I know nothing about mac so I might be better to let someone else help here.

Here is the latest. All the POIs that I downloaded and installed from TOMTOM Home are in a POI folder. Each POI has its own folder with the _icon.png, _perview.png, .toc, and .zip file. I created a folder and put the .ov2 and .bmp in the POI folder. I still cannot figure out how to get the new information loaded from my MAC to my GO. THanks for working with me on this. Donna

place the .bmp and .ov2 file in your North America directory located in your TomTom. Don't not use HOME to do this.

you need to have your tomtom connected to your computer. Browse your tomtom files and locate the North America map. place the 2 files there and you're all set.

you need to have your tomtom connected to your computer. Browse your tomtom files and locate the North America map. place the 2 files there and you're all set.

That is not working. I am working on a MAC, not sure f that make a difference. I put the .bmp and the.ov2 file in the folder with the North AMerican maps, eject the TOMTOM from my computer,and restart the TomTom. After I restart i don't see the new catagory in the POI section.

Are they in the SPECIFIC map folder (such as 'North_America'), NOT the folder called 'map'.

Ask a Question