Hello from Bert in Yuma AZ looking for help on wireless to Blackberry8310 and willing

Howdy from a full time RVer who DEPENDS on Cell and GPS (gps shows me what roads are dead ends that make me unhook, turn around and re-hook. YUK! And find gas stations for which I have a gas card (why pay today when I can pay later? Good old American way of living in debt. OUCH!)

I also use a Blackberry curve 8310 and the automatic wireless setup to use weather, etc on the GO920 for Blackberry only covers the 8100. The manual setup that I use for making my cell a modem on my laptop does not work.

Hopefully I can find an answer on the forum or if anyone cares to reply who can help, I would appreciate it.

I love my GO so far but it is a real change to my prior GPS, a Garmin 2610 that got slower and slower, stopped responding to touch screen, has the right time but wrong date and costs more to repair then a new GO920 that was on sale for under 200$. I particularly like being able to change POI's that I run across, especially where I winter here in Yuma AZ (nice and warm but too too hot in summer). However it surprises me to find the new maps at $129 are way more then Garmin charges at $75 when we the users do a lot of the work updating for Tom Tom and they even own there own mapping company. Go figure! Oh well, I also like the automatic route recalculate when you go off route (Garmin yells at you and asks if you wish to recalculate - of course I do!). And I like the voice navigate input that actually works.

I don't like having to switch to BROWSE with three touches, not doable from the remote, just to see what a POI marking is, like which gas company or what restaurant. And I miss NOT seeing an elevation that garmin showed if you went to an info screen. I have sent suggestions to Tom Tom already.

Enough about me, now to see if I can find how to do wireless on my BB8310 (it DOES do phone fine)... bert

Ask a Question