Great POI website...

TomTom Model(s)
I'm 99.9999% sure that most of you have used this website, but being the newbie One owner, I thought I would post it for those who havn't.

poifriend.com

It seems like a great site for POI's. I like the fact that it also has it broken down into companies offical POI's.

Lets hope the gas prices stay low for quite a while, cause it looks like we'll be doing some more travelling just because of my new toy!

That is a great site and here is another good one.
http://www.poi-factory.com/

You might also want to download this program it works great for viewing, editing,
realining POI etc etc. You can then save it directly to your North America folder from the program.

click here to download Tyre free

It also is a great way to plan a route with Google Maps by putting in the waypoints along the route you want to travel and then save it to your ITN folder.

Or for Itinery file building here is another program that works great with google maps.
Just go to Google Maps put in your start and finish points and with your mouse in the google maps interface you can click and drag the route where yuu would like to go.

However when you drag and drop route or when you put W/P in with the Tyre program it is a good idea to zoom the map in enought to see that you are marking your route on the correct lane or you might end up going in circles at that point.

Once you have your route the way you want to go in Google maps click on link (Top Right in G/M) and copy the top line in the box in this Click here on line program and then click ( Submit Query ) then save the file in your Itn folder either on your TT or in the Tyre program for future use in your TT.

Once you have it saved you can open it with Tyre and google maps and do a route demo on your computer if you like.

Last edited:
I'm 99.9999% sure that most of you have used this website, but being the newbie One owner, I thought I would post it for those who havn't.

poifriend.com

It seems like a great site for POI's. I like the fact that it also has it broken down into companies offical POI's.

Lets hope the gas prices stay low for quite a while, cause it looks like we'll be doing some more travelling just because of my new toy!

Thanks for the link, I was looking into POI sites today and found the factory, but had not used that one.

Ask a Question