Google Maps send generates error

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
On my Mac Intel 10.4 Safari 3.0 TTGo720:
When I send a POI to GPS, it generates an error that begins like this...

>>HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No message found under code 'launchHome.title' for locale 'en'....<<

Anyone have any ideas?

Same thing here. This has happened before and I reported it to TomTom, shortly after the problem went away. Please report it to their support site. I will try to find my original report and re-activate it.

This error message is coming from their web application.

I spent a lot of time on the phone with Josh who was being very helpful but we could not determine what was happening. He suspected that the addto.tomtom.com page could not launch TomTom Home, however he could not explain why there was no pretty message. He thought the reason TomTom Home could not be launched was because of a firewall or some software on my PC.

I tried another PC here at home on the same LAN and it worked fine. So I tried concentrating on my laptop. I turned of the Windows Firewall - no change, I killed a couple of programs (Macromedia Agent) - no change. Then I copied the faulty URL and edited it (taking out part of the company name that is embedded). Magically at 19:15 EST that caused it to ask if it could start TomTom Home!

So please check if the problem remains. If it does just try editing the URL to change anything after the first "=" and try it again. Please report back here I will be updating TomTom support, but I am not sure yet what to tell them!

:rolleyes:

Ask a Question