Google maps and Tomtom One 125

I recently bought a Tomtom One 125 GPS. From what I have been reading about it, you can use it with both Google Maps and Mapquest. I followed the instructions on how to do it with Google Maps, and after I click the ?send to GPS?, I get a ?add to tomtom button? is not working, so it does not get downloaded into my gps.
In order to use Mapquest, I had to download and install some Garmin software. I can download directions from Mapquest, but it puts them into a Garmin folder that I can not access from the Tomtom. I have the latest version of TomtomHome installed.
My questions are: has anyone experienced these problems, and what did you do to fix them or work around them? This would be so much easier than having to manually enter each and every address.
Thanks!

In the Google Search Maps box you can type "any" address, business, residential, place of interest, etc, you want and then send it to any TomTom GPS that supports the Home application "Operate My xxx".

As an example enter the following: 1514 Lindy Ter, Union, NJ 07083 and send it to your device. This is a private home on a street in my town.

HTH,

DeliBaker
TomTom GO630

Last edited:
In the Google Search Maps box you can type "any" address, business, residential, place of interest, etc, you want and then send it to any TomTom GPS that supports the Home application "Operate My xxx".

As an example enter the following: 1514 Lindy Ter, Union, NJ 07083 and send it to your device. This is a private home on a street in my town.

HTH,

DeliBaker
TomTom GO630

Unfortunately, the TomTom 125 doesn't support "Operate My One" on TomTom Home. It *did* work on older firmware, but if you have firmware 8.014 (as mine does), you can't use the "Operate My One". People in other forums have said they've notified TomTom about the problem, but they haven't given a date on when it'll be fixed. Because of this problem, you also can't add a password to your device. Rolling back to a previous version of firmware is too much of a hassle, so I'll just have to be patient.

Unfortunately, the TomTom 125 doesn't support "Operate My One" on TomTom Home. It *did* work on older firmware, but if you have firmware 8.014 (as mine does), you can't use the "Operate My One". People in other forums have said they've notified TomTom about the problem, but they haven't given a date on when it'll be fixed. Because of this problem, you also can't add a password to your device. Rolling back to a previous version of firmware is too much of a hassle, so I'll just have to be patient.

I have the same problem and it was corrected by following this link just make sure you have your contacts wrote down as it will delete them as this is what they wrote back

This issue is being caused by the 8.014 application that is installed on your device. This application update allows use of the RDS-TMC antenna accessory. If you do not currently have this accessory, or you are not planning to purchase this accessory in the near future we recommend following the steps below to remove and replace this application. However, if you do have this accessory, or wish to use it in the near future removing this application version will prevent you from doing so.

We offer step by step instructions on our website that will guide you through removing this application and installing a different application. Please click on the link below to view the information. If you are unable to click on the link, please copy and paste it into your internet browser.

http://www.tomtom.com/9091

Ask a Question