Add location to Tomtom from Google maps is broken

TomTom Model(s)
GO 930
I reported this to TomTom 2009/9/1 and this was their reply.

"At this time, the program that will allow you to operate your device through your computer (known as the online emulator) is undergoing updates. Since the Google Maps connection runs through this program, it also will not be accessible until our updates have completed. We regret any inconvenience that this may cause. Although we do not have an estimated date for the completion of these updates, please rest assured that TomTom is doing everything possible to expedite them. Thank you for your continued patience as we continue working to improve your customer experience."

I've never seen the term "updates" used as an euphemism for "bug fixing" before.

Do you have a 740? Operate my GO has yet to be updated to work on the 8.370 software. Usually they Operate my GO update comes a few days late, this time it's almost a month and counting.

If you have a 740, restore to a prior software version like 8.351 or 8.312 and Operate my GO will work.

I believe I saw somewhere a post where a poster got the emulator to work on the 740, but he may not have had the latest app installed.

Ask a Question