Google maps on Tomtom

N

NavtonesGPS

TomTom have refreshed their ONE and XL satnav ranges, adding Google Maps compatibility, reworking the audio system for clearer voice prompts, and redesigning the windscreen mount. Both models now support TomTom?s Map Share system, which allows users to collectively update and polish mapping data in-between official releases, a guarantee that the maps provided will be the latest version, and pre-installed traffic camera information. A new Help Me! menu gives shortcut access to emergency and breakdown service contact details, car maintenance advice, directions to the nearest hospital and first aid instructions.

To read more, just follow the link below:

http://www.slashgear.com/tomtom-update-gps-with-google-maps-link-new-car-mount-0111430.php

Also, do you think Mapquest.com will get in on the action? I hope they do!

From Geek Zone

TomTom has announced changes on its product lineup, and on software functionality. A new Google Maps integration feature allows users to search for and send business addresses directly from the Google Maps? website to TomTom devices.

Google Maps local search pages have expanded their ?Send to? feature with the option ?Send to GPS?. With one mouse click TomTom users can instantly benefit from this service without needing to download files.

The selected information is transferred to the TomTom device when the device is connected to the Internet via TomTom HOME, the free software application TomTom offers its customers. Drivers can then navigate to their new destination, as well as view the location on the map of the TomTom device or save it as a ?favourite? on the device for later use.

I Like the sound of this!

Ask a Question