GO720 Latitude and longtitude

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
This may sound a stupid question but I am new at this so bear with me.

I have been given coordinates to travel to. the coordinates are N and W, but the Go 720 Long and Lat display only shows N and S.

Can someone please explain this and tell me how to overcome the problem-

Steve

Welcome to TTF.

The 720 indeed shows values as N and W.

For example, tap the bottom right of the status bar.

Then, tap the satellite bars in the next screen and 'configure' in the following screen.

Select the second choice (Minutes) and 'done' twice.

Now, Navigate to-->right arrow-->Lat/long.

The first screen will start N followed by your value you want.

Click 'ok' and the next screen you start with W followed by the value you want.

And then click 'ok'.

Thanks for that but could you clarify it for me. I really am a dummy when it comes to this.

I start the GPS and select Navigate to and then skip a page and then select Latitude and Longtitude- In the light blue area on the right side of the screen I have N and S-

How do I change the South to a West.

Treat me like someone who is not PC/GPS savvy.

Steve

You enter the latitude first, and hence, will first be met with N/S as options. Having done so, you will then be offered an opportunity to enter the longitude, and instead of N/S, you will be offered E/W as options. You just haven't gotten to the right step yet, or are trying to enter the coordinates backwards. It's latitude - then longitude.

Just out of curiosity, what are the coordinates you are trying to enter???

Or to paraphrase canderson's post - it's on TWO SEPARATE SCREENS.

You enter the Latitude first (which will be N or S) then tap "OK" and you then get a SECOND screen to add the Longitude (with a choice of E or W),and finally tap "OK" again.

-----

Remember also there are three alternative ways of stating the coordinates... degrees and decimal degrees, degrees minutes and decimal minutes, or degrees minutes and seconds.
The TomTom can accept all of them, but you need to tell it which style to use in a DIFFERENT screen first. That's in the Change preferences menu / Set units / third screen.

Shout if you need further clarification.

Ask a Question