GO2450 Live not powering up when connected to power

I've had my TomTom Go2405 for a while now. At first the device would only power down when I turned my car off, but then an update was released and in battery savings there is the option "Device switches on when connected to power" (on) and "device stays on when external power in lost" (off). The device was powering on and off according to how I wanted it to. Now all of a sudden, when I switch my car on the device does NOT turn on, but instead I have to manually turn it on which brings me to the legal notice agreement page. This takes time to load and defaults to my home position, not my last known position. In addition, when I turn my car off, the device instantly turns black and looses power, it no longer gives me the warning of "device powering down - cancel".

I have not changed vehicles or power cables. Any help?

Try holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds, signifying a rebooting of the unit.

The options selected are the ones you ask for but they do not work.
DHN's solution is worth tyring out as it may help clear those bug settings.

Yes, I've tried. It seems that every time I turn the unit on, I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds and I hear the drums and agreement page. I think it has something to do with the battery, because once I loose power from my car, the unit instantly dies. When I unplug the unit from power, it will boot up to the start up screen and then die.

Edit: never mind - just checked the battery menu and it says 80% remaining.

When I power the device down manually, I get the "!" point and the robber with an X through it. When I do this, the device will correctly boot up when I reapply power manually or via the car charger. When I cut the power without manually powering down, the device instantly dies and will NOT power on properly but instead require a reboot.

I reckon that's a 'return under guarantee' issue.

I have the same problem with my GO 2435. I've already returned it under warranty; they sent me a new device which worked correctly for three weeks and suddenly now has the same problem. I'm really frustrated with this and, even though I love the way the device works when it is working correctly, I will not be recommending Tomtom after this.

I, too, have experienced this same problem with my GO 2405TM. I haven't sent it back yet, but I did send a request for an RMA yesterday. But judging by a number of other people's experiences, the refurbished units that are sent to replace the RMA units usually have the same issue within a short period of time. Has anybody tried replacing their OEM battery with an aftermarket battery? I've found one from newpower99 on the web that is supposed to be an extended life replacement. I don't want to bother sending my unit back under warranty if the one they replace it with is going to have the same issue again in a few months or a few weeks.

Ask a Question