GO Discover coords

TomTom Model(s)
GO Dicover
How can I input coords into my satnav to locate a place or see coords to where I am so that I can return to the same place.

Two ways to save the spot.
Easiest, with the map open, enlarge for the precision needed, press down on the location. It will give the road name and options. Press the 3 dots, tap add to my places and give the name you want ist saved as a Favourite.

Second choice, particularly if you want to send the location to others is to select Menu >> Search >> "Whole map" key (top RH), tap Latitude Longitude. It now shows 3 different to input the current location. It now gives the coordinates with the option of 3 different inputs.

I have tried both of these and when I tap the 3 dots, neither of them show Latitude/Longitude.

I have tried both of these and when I tap the 3 dots, neither of them show Latitude/Longitude.

1.) To save the location for driving
Menu, then press the location on the map until a reverse video plus ( - ) sign shows, let go and it will change to "Loading'. It will now show the name and location of that spot and you can select Drive (to that spot from your present location) or press the Settings icon (3 dots). Tap "Add to My Places", tap Add and it will have been put into your Favourites unless you give it a name of your choice first and then it will be saved as such.

2.1.) Get Latitude Longitude for Current Location only
Menu >> Search >> Whole map (top RH), >> Latitude Longitude, it will now show you at the top how to enter the coordinate by using Decimal, DMS or GPS.

2.2.) Coordinates from somewhere else.
Since 2008 I have been using Google Maps for creating a distant Favourite.
Example": put your pointer on the location of the former Hammersmith Palais and right click. It will show
51.49404043920388, -0.2241470289602447
From the GPS location above we know that rounded 3 decimals are usually good enough, in this case 51.494 -0.224 .
You will see that this is definitely good enough to get there.

If you still do not get the wanted results let us know step-by-step how you are doing it.

Ask a Question