Go 720 Data sync with Palm 755p

I was playing around trying to do a bluetooth data sync between my Go 720 and my Palm 755p. I told the 720 that I had a Palm 650 and then experimented with the other settings.

I can now get weather updates through my 720. Does this mean I have been completely successful? I don't want to purchase a traffic subscription until I am sure I can use it.

Yes. If you can get weather then you've got the data working. Are you on Sprint? Make sure you're able to get a reliable connection (after turning off tomtom can you connect? after a hard reset can you still connect? what about after cycling your phone's power on and off?)

Were you able to use data AND handfree? I was able to get data setup on my sprint 755p after setting up hands free, and I was able to get my gas price updates. THen tried to make a call, it freaked out my Go 720 so I had to do a hard reset. That cause dme to lose both data AND voice. Go figure.

Were you able to use data AND handfree? I was able to get data setup on my sprint 755p after setting up hands free, and I was able to get my gas price updates. THen tried to make a call, it freaked out my Go 720 so I had to do a hard reset. That cause dme to lose both data AND voice. Go figure.

I am on Sprint. I had my daughter call me while I was looking at the weather screen. The symbol to answer the call popped up and I was able to talk with her. While speaking, the weather screen stayed up. If I wanted to hang up, I probably would have to push "done" to exit weather. (I would almost certainly have to hit "done" to initiate a call.) However, she hung up and my Palm disconnected the call with the weather screen still visable. It might be different if gas or traffic was on the screen but since I have neither subscription yet, I cannot say for sure.

Ask a Question