Go 720 and Nokia E71 BT

Hi,

I have had my TT GO720 for a few years and have recently upgraded to a NOkia E71. I have found that I can't use the handsfree with the E71. It seems to connect via BT but it drops out intermittently and/or intermittently asks for my E71 to accept the connection and it has never allowed me to use the handsfree to dial or pick kup calls.

Anyone else have this problem or know of how it can be fixed?

The E71 has been giving lots of members trouble. The Nokia E series in general has been finicky with Tomtoms. Every other (non-E series) Nokia that members have posted about seem to work fine with Tomtom bluetooth.

Have you updated to the latest 30.xxx firmware on the E71? That was supposed to help things a bit.

Also, check out this thread.

welcome to the club!

using version 8.302 works for me, though I have to connect the phone every time.

thinking of upgrading to the newest 8.xxx but don't wnat to lose the bluetooth so am hesitant.

Upgrading TT or not has no effect. What does make a difference is upgrading the firmware on the phone. Nokia did some tweaking of the Bluetooth stack.

Unfortunately, even with the upgraded firmware, the data connection for TT does not work, although the handsfree does. Even so, the handsfree needs a reset every couple of days.

Ask a Question