GO 500 and Handsfree

TomTom Model(s)
Start 20
Hi, Tomtom seem to have gotten rid of hands free calls on their new flagship Nav. I have a Bluetooth Handsfree system in my car, will I be able to pair my HTC One X to both the Handsfree and the Tomtom Go 500 so that I can use both at the same time? I want to be able to make and receive calls whilst driving and get traffic updates also whilst driving.

Please help if you have experienced the same scenario.

It depends on the capabilities of the One X, many phones are able to use the Bluetooth PAN profile (for the GO500) and the Bluetooth HFP profile (for the car handsfree) at the same time.

This could be a pain, even if my One X is capable, my next phone might not be. I've tried searching if the One X is capable, but no luck so far, a mail to HTC support has not provided a reply yet

Why did TomTom drop the hands Free feature from their new flagship models?

I'm getting more inclined to try the Garmin Nuvi 3598LMT-D, apparently the traffic is not as good as the TT, but I can use the hands free feature whilst the phone is connected to the SatNav unit.

Hi, Tomtom seem to have gotten rid of hands free calls on their new flagship Nav. I have a Bluetooth Handsfree system in my car, will I be able to pair my HTC One X to both the Handsfree and the Tomtom Go 500 so that I can use both at the same time? I want to be able to make and receive calls whilst driving and get traffic updates also whilst driving.

Please help if you have experienced the same scenario.
I do not have a Handsfree system installed in my car, but I have had no problem making hands-free calls using my GO LIVE 1535 and my Droid Incredible 2 phone paired via Bluetooth.

I just replaced the Droid with a Galaxy S3 a couple of days ago, so I have had no opportunity to confirm from personal experience that it will work equally well, but I have no reason to assume that it will not do so. I have already paired the S3 with the GO LIVE 1535 without problems, so I do know from personal knowledge that this part of the task works.

- Tom -

Hands free via a built-in car system is much more convenient than on a PND. Usually the car system allows voice dialing, auto-mute of the radio, etc.

I think TT is preparing for the inevitability that handsfree will be in most new cars.

My understanding is that the vast majority of newer phones support PAN and HFP.

Perhaps you could ask a retail store if they have a HFP headset, and test pairing your phone and the headset to a demo model at the same time.

I think I'll go into Halfords and try to sweet talk them into letting me do a trial. I'll take a couple of different phones with me to try so that I can check if they have PAN and HFP features that can be used at the same time.

Thanks for your help guys

Ask a Question