From across the pond TomTom has penetrated the US

TomTom Model(s)
GO 930T
And I have converted to the TomTom 930T from my Garmin GPS. I've been on Garmin for more than 5 years. Never liked the half dome shaped TomTom's of earlier years. I was impressed with the research on the 930T and scored a deal on Crutchfield for $299 shipped. So I got 2, wife and me.

I like the customization features of the TomTom over the Garmin. We'll see how the real experience is on the road.

Hoping to learn more about my 930T and the people here on the forums.

Best

Welcome! We are getting more and more members from the UK here (perhaps having a (relatively new) owner who lives in London may have something to do with that! :p).

Make sure you make a complete backup of your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home. Also, you'll find a TT much more configurable than a Garmin, so you may want to 'play' a bit to see what settings you prefer.

If you are UK based with American sourced 930 you might find the voice recognition and TTS voices are not available for use with the Western Europe map selected, this can be fixed but I would suggest you get a decent size SD or SDHC card for the units.
Also if its a USA style RDS-TMC receiver it will not work in the UK as they operate differently - Mike

Ask a Question