First trip with TT 540XXL TM

We just got back from a trip to Tenn. from Mich. The TT worked great except the female voice really mispronounced Toledo and the posted speed on various parts of I 75 appeared incorrect ie. we would see a speed sign for 70 mph and the TT would register that the speed should be 60. Sometime it would change to the correct speed and other times it would not.

Over all I was impressed.

Hugh

We just got back from a trip to Tenn. from Mich. The TT worked great except the female voice really mispronounced Toledo and the posted speed on various parts of I 75 appeared incorrect ie. we would see a speed sign for 70 mph and the TT would register that the speed should be 60. Sometime it would change to the correct speed and other times it would not.

Over all I was impressed.

Hugh
Glad you had a good trip with your new unit.

You make corrections to speed limit errors as well as map errors with your unit next time you're passing through. Won't change your ETA to destination, but it'll at least be reported back to TeleAtlas and will show up as you've changed it on the face of your unit.

The TT worked great except the female voice really mispronounced Toledo
Hugh

LOL, to-do-le-do or something like that??? I used to laugh anytime we drove West and it said that. :) That's not a 540 flaw at all. It's happened on any TTS I've ever heard.

There is a thread here to assist in TTS pronunciation you might want to search for.

Ask a Question