Finding Destination by long Lat Coordinates-Tom tom XL

I just found out that my Tom tom XL does not allow me to find a destination by entering the Long and Lat Coordinates. The Navigation screen only gives the option to find a location by the street t address.
Would it be possible for me to replace my Navigation screen with another Tom tom model that allows me to find a destination by Long and Lat coordinates information!!

Any help!!

App 9.151.605
64 MB RAM (Free 13.8MB)
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.527

I just found out that my Tom tom XL does not allow me to find a destination by entering the Long and Lat Coordinates.
You don't say which XL, but if you have any of the models I list below, you're [you know the phrase] without a paddle. Not even the help provided by the sticky above to add new menu features back will add that one.

You'll need to avoid --- Ease (Start2 in Europe), XL335SE, XL335LE, XL335LM, XL350, XL350T, XL350M, XL350TM, (XL IQRoutes2 in Europe), XXL550, XXL550T, XXL550M and XXL550TM.

I'm curious, as I do it all the time ... what do you do with your TomTom where using coordinate data would help? There may be workarounds.

Thank you for your quick reply and advice. I do go out in rural locations to visit my clients e.g. cattle forms. most of the time their addresses are not available in Tom Tom address list. Some time township is not available. I usually find the Long Lat through Google Maps and then write turn by turn driving directions. One time I used one of the Garmin and entered the Long Lat information, and it took my right there.

Is there a way to add this feature in my XL and to make it work; otherwise no other way than to buy some other brand this time.
Please recommend something...

Is there a way to add this feature in my XL and to make it work;
Not that I know, no.

...otherwise no other way than to buy some other brand this time.
Please recommend something...
The problem isn't the brand, it's the model within the brand. Stay away from any of the units mentioned above and you'll find you have the latitude/longitude feature available. Obviously, there's no way from the outside of the box that you'd know that the feature wouldn't be there on the "EasyMenu" models, but no unit from any brand has every feature. If you're still in a position to return it for one of the units not mentioned in my list, I'd do it.

Ask a Question