Favorites are gone

TomTom Model(s)
920T
I'm not sure which action did it. But I had upgraded my maps to the latest version, and also the TT software as well, and I noticed that my favorites were all gone.

I have a backup of the older system. Can someone tell me where the favorites are stored and if it is possible to restore them back to my TT920?

Thanks,
Rob

I'm not sure which action did it. But I had upgraded my maps to the latest version, and also the TT software as well, and I noticed that my favorites were all gone.

I have a backup of the older system. Can someone tell me where the favorites are stored and if it is possible to restore them back to my TT920?

Thanks,
Rob

Copy the file mapsetting.cfg from the backed up map file to the map file on the unit, overwriting the file there.

Copy the file mapsetting.cfg from the backed up map file to the map file on the unit, overwriting the file there.

I didn't back up the map directly. what I had done was use Windows Explorer to copy the entire contents of the TomTom to a folder on the hard drive. I searched that folder for mapsetting.cfg, but did not find it.

:confused:

Rob

I didn't back up the map directly. what I had done was use Windows Explorer to copy the entire contents of the TomTom to a folder on the hard drive. I searched that folder for mapsetting.cfg, but did not find it.

:confused:

Rob

But if you kept the folder structure when you copied the contents to your folder on your hard drive, then there IS a map folder amongst them (it isn't called 'map' but rather named after the map you do have, such as 'North_America'). Look in there.

In order to see the file on vista, you have to show system files from the folder options.

Thanks for the post, it helped me recover my favorites.

Ask a Question