EventLogger v TripMaster

TomTom Model(s)
TT One "NEW" EDITION v7.162 map7.15
I have been running EventLogger for a few weeks now and like the recording features and other information. It seems like most on this board use TripMaster. I have a TT One New Edition. I am confused after reading the TripMaster web page.

Does TM run OK am a TT1 NE running 7.162 ?

What are the advantages of TripMaster over EventLogger?

Larry, I'm the opposite. I installed TripMaster about a week ago and am looking at de-installing it and installing EventLogger. TripMaster works on my One XL execpt that I can't get into the configuration screens. I click in the bottom right-hand corner and nothing happens so I have to update the configuration file manually, which is kind of ok. But it is very slow. I am up to 40km/hr before the speedo starts to move and I'm not drag racing :( It looks as if EventLogger will do everything that i want but i was put off a bit by the installation instructions which seamed to go on for ever. Did you have any problems installing it? If you do decide to install TM then there is a good video in a sticky message which walks you through the process. Cheers.
P.S. I'm running 7.163

Last edited:
I did uninstall EventLogger and installed TripMaster.

Installation and configuration of Trip Master was quite a challange since the Configuration Button on V2B is not enabled. A few options had to be set by using the older V1.8 which writes to the config.txt file. Other options had to be set by WordPad.

TM does give an interesting display of raw GPS data items such as altitude and various speed calculations and alerts. One thing I found, that was supposed to be fixed in V2B, is that if a sound alarm is set for the speed alarm, the speed freezes for many seconds once that speed is achievied until the sound is produced. I disabled the Speed Alert Sound to avoid this.

EL has some nice features:
1) A new file is created each day and older files are compressed to save space.
2) The files can be directly opened by Google Maps in Internet Explorer.
3) The TT mapping display can be set to change day/night display automaticly with out running another program.

TM has some annoying features:
1) The tracking file keeps growing until manually closed.
2) The best way I have found to look at tracking files is to save using itn format and use TYRE. But if the file has grown over days, the program gets overloaded. The itn file has to be broken down with text editors.
3) The TM display will change to night mode at dusk, but another program will have to be added for the TT display to change.

I am still running TM, but I am tempted to go back to LE for tracking since the tracking files are getting so big when I forget to close them. When I get a chance, I may try running both to see if they degrade TT's aplication speed.

Thanks for your comments! I was not aware that EL could do the day/night switching. I had installed Suntime as my first add-on program, and when I added Event Logger I had happily left Suntime installed. Now I find that I no longer need it and have de-installed it.

I only use Event Logger for fun, but it's nice to be able to see a plot of where I've been.

What advantage or differences would LogPos offer compared to TM and EL?

Is there an instruction manual or screen shots for LogPos ?

Last edited:
What advantage or differences would LogPos offer compared to TM and EL?

Is there an instruction manual or screen shots for LogPos ?

Go to the web page and you get the details.
Installation is easy: only dezip the zip file on the root of the TT.
No screen shots since it is only showing small informations as flash messages on the screen. The script is only logging in ITN and TXT files.

--pilsit

Tripmaster - Setup and Unit =

"I click in the bottom right-hand corner and nothing happens so I have to update the configuration file manually"
Same here, if I put unit = imperial, the software just changes it back. Metric Sticks and so does nautical, but Imperial will not stick. No idea why my setup screens will not come up (except for the 4 speeds screen). Also, It says it will blink the Altitude on the navigation screen once you leave the Tripmaster screen, but mine doesn't. I did get the corrdinates to change and some other things, but not the units. Anybody got a clue? Is there another parameter that is incompatible with Imperial?

Tripmaster Units

I installed Tripmaster yesterday. Had some trouble with the setup screens turning to garbage and did most of the configuation manually, however was able to change units using the setup. My config.txt file now reads "units english" with no equal sign or quotations and displays miles and ft reliably. I took it out for a spin last night and liked it a lot.

Hope this works for you.

"I click in the bottom right-hand corner and nothing happens so I have to update the configuration file manually"
Same here, if I put unit = imperial, the software just changes it back. Metric Sticks and so does nautical, but Imperial will not stick. No idea why my setup screens will not come up (except for the 4 speeds screen). Also, It says it will blink the Altitude on the navigation screen once you leave the Tripmaster screen, but mine doesn't. I did get the corrdinates to change and some other things, but not the units. Anybody got a clue? Is there another parameter that is incompatible with Imperial?
If you're using TripMaster Beta 2.0, then Preferences are disabled. What you need to do is run version 1.8 to access the preferences, which will then also be used by 2.0. Make sure you "X" Exit out of 1.8 when you're through, so as not to accidentally run both versions, simultaneously.

You may have to put the "tripmaster.cap" file back into your SDKregistry folder to do this.

R?

Ask a Question