Europe map

Hello dhn,
when i select destination address i get 4 options. City center, street and number, zip code and cross street intersection. Any of the 4 i choose takes me to "city" with no country option.

So you do NOT see the three color (red/white/blue) indicator for CZ that is shown in dhn's screen shot when you are in the same place in the address selection process???

Attachments

• img20120507-181148.jpg
    img20120507-181148.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 324
Hello canderson,
That's correct. I have never seen any flags or country names when I'm in the European map. In the North American map I can switch between Canada and all of the states and the Canadian flag is there.
Thanks again

Can you reset your unit? There is a dedicated reset hole on the bottom of the unit. Once you do that and restart the unit (should hear the drum sound), see if there is still a problem on the destination screen.

On a 910 model? I thought there was ......

Well, hold the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. That's rebooting the unit.

That doesn't work either. When i hold the button down i get my opening screen then it jumps to "who owns this unit". There are no drums.
Regards

I'm with dhn. There should be a reset hole on a 910. Little tiny thing big enough to stuff a paper clip into on the bottom of the unit. On the 920, they even marked it with on the larger label with a little dot and the word RESET.

Hello,
there is no hole on the bottom other than the speaker hole. There is however, a tiny hole on the top front beside the suction holder release button. Should i try a paper clip in there?
Regards

Found it. Sorry about that but it's well hidden. I've reset. It came back with the drum sound as you said but still no country or flags.
Regards

The only thing I can think of is to:
1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

2. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents

3. Connect to Home and install the application offered.

4. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

See if the flag shows then for the destination address/city

Hello again,
i spent a few hours trying to do that but it's far to technical for me and i'm afraid i'll lose all my maps. Thanks for your help anyways. I appreciate it.

I think we've been leading the poor guy down a false trail, guys....

Originally there WASN'T a country flag shown on the address page on those old models. It was introduced with later software and/or maps (I can't remember for sure, but I think it was in the maps).

Download the Go910manual from here:
http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/go910_710_510/refman/TomTom_GO_EN.pdf
... and have a look at page 11.

IIRC, (and the picture on that manual page seems to prove it), when you entered a city, it searched the ENTIRE Europe database of city/town names. This was really slow, so they introduced the country flag system to speed it up.

Ask a Question