"error during planning..."

Hi I'm a newbie to SatNav and just got a TT1.

While inputting my usual destinations, I got the above message ("error during planning...") several times, like in:
1. Scranton PA (city center) to Erie PA (city center)
2. Scranton to Hyannis, MA
3. Scranton to Salem
4. Scranton to NY Icon Parking (if "shortest route" picked, "fastest route" ok)

Curiously enough, if I get the reverse directions, everything's fine. Is it the unit? Got it online, refurbished with 1 year factory warranty.

So far, no reply from TomTom Customer support yet (?weekend).

Thanks,
Joe G.
Scranton, PA
p.s. My apologies, I posted this in the newbie introduction forum a few minutes ago until I realized I was in the wrong page.

Hi I'm a newbie to SatNav and just got a TT1.

While inputting my usual destinations, I got the above message ("error during planning...") several times, like in:
1. Scranton PA (city center) to Erie PA (city center)
2. Scranton to Hyannis, MA
3. Scranton to Salem
4. Scranton to NY Icon Parking (if "shortest route" picked, "fastest route" ok)

Curiously enough, if I get the reverse directions, everything's fine. Is it the unit? Got it online, refurbished with 1 year factory warranty.

So far, no reply from TomTom Customer support yet (?weekend).

Thanks,
Joe G.
Scranton, PA
p.s. My apologies, I posted this in the newbie introduction forum a few minutes ago until I realized I was in the wrong page.

I know that this is a generic response-but try a reset. I planned a trip once and my 510 kept recalculating the trip- it would not stop!!!! I did a reset and this solved the problem. I think the reset button is one of the options most used on a TT device

Reset did not help

Thanks for the reply. Reset did not help. Latest software is installed. If the directions I posted earlier work in other people's TT1, it must be my unit. Are there any software patches out there or something?

Joe G.:confused:

Do you get this message as soon as you select the city?
I tried to duplicate this and receive no error.

Tomtom fixed - I had to download the whole map after TomTom customer support sent it to me. Thanks for the help of those who replied.

Joe G.

Ask a Question