"Error Occurred During Audio Playback"

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
So, finally got around to trying to put some mp3's on my (formatted) SanDisk 4 gig Ultra II card. I have a folder on the card called 'mp3' (no quotes and all lower case). I can play the mp3 I put in it using Media Player and TomTom certainly sees the file and lists it properly regarding Artist, Album, etc.

But, when I try to play it using the unit, I get the error shown in the subject line. I have tried a reset -- no cure.

Any thoughts?

Does it play the mp3s from the internal memory? If it does, I guess it doesn't like the sdcard but if it doesn't, you can try copying mp3d to your bin directory on tomtom from your last navcore download.
In vista, your navcore downloads are under C:\Users\dhn\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\program\ use the latest navcore cab file and copy the mp3d from it and paste it to tomtom bin directory.

HTH:D

Does it play the mp3s from the internal memory? If it does, I guess it doesn't like the sdcard but if it doesn't, you can try copying mp3d to your bin directory on tomtom from your last navcore download.
In vista, your navcore downloads are under C:\Users\dhn\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\program\ use the latest navcore cab file and copy the mp3d from it and paste it to tomtom bin directory.

Thanks......I'm beginning to think the mp3 functionality of my tomtom 720 is the issue, not the card and not the file. I copied a mp3 to internal memory in the mp3 folder. The unit sees the mp3 but when I highlite it to play, the screen simply reverts to the initial screen (where your current location is showing).

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

I did as you said and indeed, my bin folder on the unit was empty! I must have been too rigorous when trying to strip files & folders from my unit when I had to get the NA map to fit.

Works fine now..............

That for sure is a rep point earner!

error occurred during audio playback

I have a TomTom Go 720.

Right after I did an update to TomTom Application Version 7.481, I started getting this error every time I tried to play an audio book or an MP3. It also said that the voice I had selected was not installed (but it was!).

I searched the web and found a few sugestions (like in this thread) but nothing worked for me.

Finally, I went to the "Remove Items from my Device" option in TomTom Home and selected the update. It warned me that if I removed the update my device would no longer function properly. I was desperate so I removed it anyway.

Everything works perfectly now! I was expecting to have to re-install, but since everything was fixed I decided not to.

I don't think I'll be "upgrading" again anytime soon.

P.S. I've been pretty dissappointed with my TomTom. This has just been one more thing that was a big pain.

Ask a Question