Erratic Mp3 playing TT730

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
On my TT 730, mp3 music from my SDHC card (4 G) is very erratic. Sometimes I get an error message like, "One moment please, trying to connect". If I change to a different piece of music, sometimes it will play, sometimes not. This morning it started playing through the TT speaker, (instead of FM, as is indicated in the preferences.) It doesn't seem to have much to do with the quality or format of the Mp3s because it randomly seems to work or not work with all my music.

Any thoughts? Gridlok

Curious if you were to move the mp3s to a mp3 folder on internal, do you still have issues with the music?

If not, perhaps the card itself is getting wonky and should be replaced, jst a thought.

I am trying to keep the internal as uncorrupted as possible with the thought that it would operate at its' best that way. It's a new GPS and a new SD card so I wasn't thinking of a hardware problem.

Gridlok

Storing mp3s on internal is hardly corrupting the unit or its functionality.

Obviously, you have a problem. Without a little experimentation, it's difficult to pinpoint what is causing the problem. The card, hardware, what?

OK then. I don't know how many songs I can get on the hard drive to test it. Do you think it makes a difference? I'll try a few anyhow.

Gridlok

Just tried 5 songs direct to the internal drive and it worked perfectly! So that means my new sdhc card is not up to snuff? Are there special cards other than having the hc designation that I need?

Gridlok

Just tried 5 songs direct to the internal drive and it worked perfectly! So that means my new sdhc card is not up to snuff? Are there special cards other than having the hc designation that I need?

Gridlok
Any respectable card will show it's speed as a "class". Does your show itself to be a "Class 2", "Class 4", "Class 6" or ???

My card says,"4GB, SDHC and 2. I just bought it specifically for my TomTom.
Don't know if it's "respectable" or not.

Gridlok

I suspect the '2' refers to the class of speed. Candidly, a '2' may be too slow for TomTom's application to handle in terms of reading/writing.

A class 6 is quite good and a 4 is acceptable but a 2, I'm not sure..........

So if a class 6 is the best, I will go get one. Anything else I should know? I ask because the info I have been able to get doesn't say anything about the speed of SD cards, only the capacity.

Thanks, by the way. Hope this works.
Gridlok

Class 6 is more than adequate, if you do go for the class 10 card its rather similar to feeding a pig on first class strawberries - A bit of a waste of time and money - Mike

Just thought I'd let you know, the new 8GB class 6 SD card works perfectly (so far). Whish I'd know that before I upgraded to the HC - oh well.

Thanks, Gridlok

Ask a Question