TomTom One XL - S and erratic behaviour

HI,

We just bought a Tomtom a month ago and it was working great. We haven't used it for a few weeks and went to use it today and it is acting like it has a virus or something. It takes a long time to find the satellites...if it finds any at all...then it keeps randomly going into the menus and selecting things and we aren't even touching the screen. It will go into the keypad and m's start showing up on occasion as well. I tried doing a restore and that didn't work. Then removed all programs and reinstalled the application and still the same thing. I figure it is a lemon but thought I would check here in case this has happened to someone else and there might be something I can do to fix it.

Thanks very much,
Sally

HI,

We just bought a Tomtom a month ago and it was working great. We haven't used it for a few weeks and went to use it today and it is acting like it has a virus or something. It takes a long time to find the satellites...if it finds any at all...then it keeps randomly going into the menus and selecting things and we aren't even touching the screen. It will go into the keypad and m's start showing up on occasion as well. I tried doing a restore and that didn't work. Then removed all programs and reinstalled the application and still the same thing. I figure it is a lemon but thought I would check here in case this has happened to someone else and there might be something I can do to fix it.

Thanks very much,
Sally
I have heard of this happening to other people, and something with the screen has gone bad. You'll have to send it back.

Mine has never done none of those things, but I do know that when it sets for a week or more I have to plug it into the computer and check for all the updates before using it, otherwise it does take a longer time to find the satellites, I mean several miles before it starts computing......:eek:

HI,

Thanks very much,
Sally

I returned it as it was only 3 weeks old. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Ask a Question