Easiest Route

I have TomTom that I use for Real Estate. Sometimes when I put in an address, the TomTom takes me on a convoluted route through side streets and neighborhoods when there are main roads that would get me there easier.

Is this something others have encountered? I have previously had my TomTom on the "Fastest" route setting. Will changing it to shortest route make a difference?

Thanks,

... the TomTom takes me on a convoluted route through side streets and neighborhoods when there are main roads that would get me there easier.

Is this something others have encountered? I have previously had my TomTom on the "Fastest" route setting. Will changing it to shortest route make a difference?

Yes, I guess we all encountered that at one time or the other when we accidentally made it shortest instead of fastest route.

I have TomTom that I use for Real Estate. Sometimes when I put in an address, the TomTom takes me on a convoluted route through side streets and neighborhoods when there are main roads that would get me there easier.

Thanks,

Suggest that you ignore the Tomtom advice if you believe you know better, and see how it affects your time once the unit recalcs. You may be surprised to see that your better route actually takes longer. It's interesting to compare what you think is the best route against the GPS.

Ask a Question