Downloaded POI from TomTom Home. How to Install?

I had just downloaded a POI using the Tomtom Home and I can see that the POI is saved in "My Computer", I had ADDed it and installed it and press DONE. but when opening the Device and browsed thru the POIs the POI that I had installed/added is not there?
What has gone wrong?
Thanks.

I got it. browsed more and found out that I have to manually unzip the files and copy it under the map folder.
worked !
thanks for looking anyway.

;)

I'm not understanding this. Whenever "I" myself download a POI via TomTom Home, it automatically installs it. There should be no reason for us to unzip anything. I simply browse for a POI using Home, click add, then install, and done. At least that's how it works for me.

You are right. It should work that way. For the Colors that I had downloaded, the process was simple, add-install-done and but for the POIs that I had downloaded, it did not go thru the usual process. i did add-install-done but after opening my tt730, the POI is not included in the list. :)

I found the issue why it not automatically installing the downloaded POI. I have an SD card installed and at the begenning I choose the SD card as my memory instead of my Internal memory.

I had re-checked this if this is really the problem so I had choosen the Internal memory and downloaded a POI and installed.

It was there when I opened my TT730.

Replied in your other thread. Best not to post the same issue in more than one thread as some may not see it and therefore not be able to offer a solution.

I found the issue why it not automatically installing the downloaded POI. I have an SD card installed and at the begenning I choose the SD card as my memory instead of my Internal memory.

I had re-checked this if this is really the problem so I had choosen the Internal memory and downloaded a POI and installed.

It was there when I opened my TT730.

This is why I have ALL of my files on my 4GB SD card rather than having only the maps on the SD card. Having all of the files in 1 single location, you don't have to worry about which device to choose when you open Home.

Ask a Question