Duplicates on downloaded POI

Hi, I am a new TomTom 920T user. So what I really want to do is for my POI to show when I am driving; just my preference to see a McDonalds logo when I am driving. The only way that I can make this happen is when I download a POI from this site it automatically goes into my POI categories but then it creates a problem. When I search a POI for ex: McDonalds it gives duplicates, meaning that TomTom also has those addresses and logos but how can I make their logos appear all the time? Please anyone that know how to do this please let me know, I have tried almost all setups and nothing. I ended up erasing the file I downloaded from here and kept the original TomTom but they don't show up everytime I drive how can I make them appear!

Well, the only thing I can think off is to download the poi file again, copy the tomtom McDonalds icon/logo (located under \North_America\brand) to the folder contains newly download McDonald poi file (should be under \North_America) and rename as same name of the newly poi file (so your new McDonald poi will be display on the map with proper McDonald icon). Replace the tomtom McDonald icon with some new icon (for example: open paint software and edit the tomtom McDonald icon by change the color of the M to green instead of default yellow color). This way, download McDonald poi will display on the map with correct icon and when you search for McDonald, 2 different icon of McDonald will appear and you will know which one is which.

Remove the duplicates with this
It works only with Garmin CSV format, so you have to convert back and forth using another program like POIEdit.

Ask a Question