Does a mod to create subcategories exist?

Couldn't think of where else to post this, and hopefully it's not a stupid question. But I can't be the ONLY person this irritates....

So there's no way to create subcategories of restaurants on a TT? None at all? Even if I have to do it manually, it'd at least be nice to be able to do with custom installed poi's....

Granted I haven't gotten to fiddle with a 920 a it's still being shipped (played with one in the store), but I've looked all over Google's search results only to find 2, yes 2 references to no subcats. Boggles the mind...

If it weren't for the fact that I can install MPlayer and be able to watch movies (when not driving, naturally), i'd be more tempted by the garmin just for simple subcats! :p

There has to be. Some folks are bright enough to make categories of 7-eleven, kragen, and other POIs. I am sure there has to be a faster way in entering this data, then manually doing each address at a time. Maybe in the future an online script that does this for you? That would be cool.

For instance.. I am hoping I can create POIs of Halls and Reception Venues. Since I work for such events, it would be cool to be able to find them quicker by navigating that special category I make. I don't know about sub-categories, but at least put them in categories.

I just asked the same question myself in the POI forum...hopefully we will get an answer.

what mplayer are you speaking of?

mplayer is the original program for MobilNova. The difference, I understand, is that MobilNova's done the work for you (compilation wise) and charges money for the program, vs MPlayer which you have to compile yourself but is free. When I put up the post I couldn't remember MobilNova's name :)

yea i need a sub cat. I have restaurants saved into my restaurant cat, but I don't know what kind of cuisine they specialize in. When i am out with my friends, we normally ask each other what kind of food do we want to eat? not just any restaurant in the area. so sub cat will be really useful.

Ask a Question