Display screen cover or not?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 'New Edition'
I thought I had seen this before, but can't find the answer or question now. Maybe from another forum a while back. Anyway -

What is the concensus here when asked about using a screen protector for my TT LE/V4/New Edition? Mine came with a flimsy, unfitted protective piece of plastic that I still have on the screen. I haven't thrown it away yet, as I felt it might serve a purpose. But are the underlying screens hardy enough to avoid scratching under normal usage with clean hands? Should I take a chance or just buy a protector, and if I buy one, which is preferred?

Thanks for helping out.

I found what I was looking for - the prior post - so sorry for the noise, but if anyone has recommendations, I'd still like to hear them.

Seems most people feel a protector isn't necessary, but they can't hurt and are mostly no different to use with regards to sensitivity.

<snip>

Seems most people feel a protector isn't necessary, but they can't hurt and are mostly no different to use with regards to sensitivity.

Yep, I installed a protector and was very careful to cut it out using a paper cutter so it would be perfectly square and fit precisely over the LCD screen. I used the included cleaning wipe and dry wipe to clean the screen. I still got a couple of bits of fiber and bubbles that haven't disappeared.

I'm thinking of taking mine off as I NOW think its unnecessary.

Last edited:

Ask a Question