Development Question?

Development Question? connect2internet.db

I am thinking about the idea of a custom connect2internet.db

This would help with being able to simplify the connection process for those of us that do not fall into the phones and carriers that are currently offered. I believe that this file is a SQL anywhere file or MYSQL. Just wanted some help in the breakdown of this file and the others connect2internet files.

If we can figure out how and or what was used to create this file, hopefully we can replicate it with some improvements.

I have tried the following so far.

Paradox 7
ClickView
DBFviewer

Last edited:
I am thinking about the idea of a custom connect2internet.db

This would help with being able to simplify the connection process for those of us that do not fall into the phones and carriers that are currently offered. I believe that this file is a SQL anywhere file or MYSQL. Just wanted some help in the breakdown of this file and the others connect2internet files.

If we can figure out how and or what was used to create this file, hopefully we can replicate it with some improvements.

I have tried the following so far.

Paradox 7
ClickView
DBFviewer
Of more interest would be the corresponding *.so file, and that appears to be an ELF binary. You'll even see the GCC traces in it if you look closely with a filter than knocks off the 8th bit on everything. Think we should push them on an GPL issue? :p

Anyway, I doubt it's a simple SQL situation at all. I suspect that the *.so is the firmware necessary to read the *.db file, and that could be in an entirely unique format. They certainly went to a great deal of trouble for this one database. Makes a person wonder if it is coming from somewhere else and being adapted...

Agreed

I argee that there is a lot of effort put into this db. It seems at even without the files, a setup and manual config of the wireless is possible.

I can't imagine its a completely in house format. I would go for a public linux based type application or db.

If the db was compiled for them, who would be able to provide that info for them.

So Far

Only difference between the .db and the .db.encode is the last bit.

.db is broken down into blocks of data that are made up of only 16char a-p and designated at the beginning of each record by D and ending with a .

2412 records including the 4 records that include the only txt strings in the file

more info

I will be documenting here to see if I spark anyones intrest

connect2internet.db

First record is index or key

Country records begin @ 0x9E with Algeria
and end @ 0x8F7 with Vietnam

ggefngigjelfkffeicihne = Belarus 0x158
phbelcebhdbhiapfchfgag = Algeria 0x9E
oenhibcfcgkalghgkcicmbdafeoagbbhgcla = United States

wondering if this is encoded with device specific info, or is it the same info in all devices. Anyone confirm this ?

Looks as if the hash is (number of char X3 +1)

Last edited:
I will be documenting here to see if I spark anyones intrest

connect2internet.db

First record is index or key

Country records begin @ 0x9E with Algeria
and end @ 0x8F7 with Vietnam

ggefngigjelfkffeicihne = Belarus 0x158
phbelcebhdbhiapfchfgag = Algeria 0x9E
oenhibcfcgkalghgkcicmbdafeoagbbhgcla = United States

wondering if this is encoded with device specific info, or is it the same info in all devices. Anyone confirm this ?

Looks as if the hash is (number of char X3 +1)

Correction, the hashblocks are not as stated above(charx3+1) too small of a dataset. I will keep digging.

Ask a Question