Determine Model and if Itinerary will work

The One (30 series) is the 3rd edition.

The 3rd edition was renamed the One 130 in 2008, and I believe they have identical features/functionality. Tomtom is switching to numbered models to help people understand how the different tomtoms compare to each other. In general, the first digit represents whether it is a high or low end tomtom, and the last two digits represent the generation/release year.

Tomtom added the One 130-S model with text-to-speech, which is an upgrade from the prior 3rd edition.

I've never had a 3rd edition, so I can't confirm itinerary planning. I think I saw posts saying that itinerary planning worked in earlier 7.x apps, and was removed in the 8.x app for 3rd editions. I think the One 130 was released with app 8.x so it may never have had itinerary planning available. Hopefully others here know more.

With the device connected to TomTom Home what device does Home report the hardware as is it a One v6 or v7 as these were the two different versions of the One Third Edition, you could get the itinerary planning working on these by running a custom menu as long as you are running v7 Navcore on the device. With the more recent maps and applications TomTom have blocked this little work around.

If you are still unsure as to which TT One you have got see if you can spot the same model on This page - Mike

I have a One 3rd edition and I can plan itineraries using Tom Tom Home. I can load them and they appear to work fine. Problem is once I disconnect from home and press the Itineraries icon the unit just freezes and shuts down. Bummer.

Then its not possible for you to use the Itinerary function as you have the newer application and maps, you could only get the Itinerary function working correctly on the One Third edition with the Navcore and maps the device was originally launched with.
Once the work around was realised the so called "back door" to get this function on the One Third edition a software update followed by map updates needing the newer software closed the door - Mike

Looking at the Page from MikeAlder, I looks like a ONE (V8).

So just to confirm, there is no way to get v7 running on this model?

Ask a Question