Destinations are off. Period.

Why is it that all my destinations when I arrive marked with the checkered flag are never where they should be. They are at least 200 to 300 feet off every time (mostly ahead of where the arrow/car icon is). I am putting in addresses that have been around for decades. What's the deal? My Garmin was bang on most of the time and even said if the destination was on the right or the left.

Do I have a defective unit, or just the mapping software is inferior?

Thanks

It is the map.
If there are locations you have been to, I suggest to click on 'Add to Favorite' scroll to the 2nd page and select 'Gps or Current Position'.
This is of course when you're at the location.
I've done this with all my favorites and my Home location.

It is the map.
If there are locations you have been to, I suggest to click on 'Add to Favorite' scroll to the 2nd page and select 'Gps or Current Position'.
This is of course when you're at the location.
I've done this with all my favorites and my Home location.

Hi, thanks for replying. So you have the same problem with most of your locations being off? It sounds like it is the map and I should not return it. It would be scary to return it as I might get that squealing issue that everybody has been talking about.

This behaviour seems to be normal. You just have to get used to it. I would assume that the mapmaker did not put a precise location for every single address.

So if I make a 1000 mile trip to an unknown city and the TomTom gets me to within 200 feet, I consider that marvellous!

Why is it that all my destinations when I arrive marked with the checkered flag are never where they should be. They are at least 200 to 300 feet off every time (mostly ahead of where the arrow/car icon is). I am putting in addresses that have been around for decades. What's the deal? My Garmin was bang on most of the time and even said if the destination was on the right or the left.

Do I have a defective unit, or just the mapping software is inferior?

Thanks

Google Earth is no better. I put and address in Google Earth and it came up a whole block from where I knew it to be!!!

You arrive when the Flag disappears, not when the distance is still counting down.
Beside there is an arrow showing whether your destination is on the right/left of the street.

Ask a Question