Deleting recent destinations

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ Routes Europe
Hi, I've had a quick look through the threads and can't find an answer to this one - does anyone know how to delete individual 'Recent Destination' without deleting the lot? Each time I try I get a message asking if I want to delete ALL recent destinations which I don't want to do. Am I missing something or just being 'thick'!:confused:

Neither. One shortcoming in all TomTom models and applications is that you can not remove just one recent destination. It's all or nothing, unfortunately.

Dumb, eh?

Try opening the MapSettings.cfg file using a PC application named POIEdit which is free to download/ use, once the file is open it will show you the locations, you can remove them one at a time before saving the file (note this might not work with all Navcore versions due to differences in the way the cfg file data is stored) - Mike

Try opening the MapSettings.cfg file using a PC application named POIEdit [ ... ] (note this might not work with all Navcore versions due to differences in the way the cfg file data is stored) - Mike
Mike, I just tried that with a Sept/08 back-up and PoiEdit ? 20087 (no newer version available) and upon File > Save it informs Currently it is not possible to save files in this format (extension cfg).
Is there a way around that too?

Pern, I understand that the Recent destinations register has a maximum of 48 entries, after which they roll over as in 1st one being replaced by the 49th (others, please correct if necessary ).

To overcome that problem I usually enter addresses visited more often by making a POI from in and put it in a Custom POI category.

That's OK but I would still suggest you make a custom POI category and put your most used Favourites as POIs in there so that you have fast access to them and they will not get lost.

BTW, I have a custom POI for the Narrowboat museum in Ellesmere Port, where I was two years ago, come July. Also got one for the street address in Little Sutton where a school chum of SWMBO lives and in that neck of the woods one in Daresbury for the Warrington & District Model Engineering Society where I ran on their Live Steam tracks.

Just wonder if you get the feeling that I just might like custom POIs.
If you would like me to walk you through, step-by-step on how to make those POIs, send me an eMail at (e-mail address removed) so I can reply with screen print pictures.
Cheers, Arno

Ask a Question