Deleting backups from computer

TomTom Model(s)
One
I have several backup copies of maps on my computer and wish to free up disc space. Folder names are Western_Europe, Western_Europe-1, Western_Europe-2, Western_Europe-3. I wish to delete the oldest ones and retain the newest. Which is the oldest, and which is the newest?

Is there not a timestamp showing when you view the various map folders in Explorer or some other file manager?

In any event, the folder with the higher number is more recent BUT just click on any folder and the date of the various files should be shown.

Thanks for that. I hope you are right, because I have just deleted several GB of data. The dates shown in the properties of the folders are the highest number has the most recent date, but all the others are the same. Jim G

If you poke around elsewhere in your "complete" folder, you may find gas prices, ephemeris data and other stuff that collects and collects over time that you can delete in a similar way.

I "backup the backups" to DVD-R :)

But that's the complete backups I've made myself. If you have those, there should be no need for retaining the map downloads that Home has saved.

Thanks again. Sorry for the delay in responding. Tom Tom has been taking me round France (without fault). I was only wanting to know the method TomTom uses to name/number files which replace older ones of otherwise the same name/number. Cheers.

Ask a Question