deleting maps of TomTom730. Currupt?

Hello, I own a TomTom730 and I'm unable to download or update new maps. I've lent my TomTom to friends and I'm thinking that one of them has loaded something onto the GPS that they shouldn't and there is a corrupt file in the GPS. How do I Clear all the old maps off my TomTom so i can start again.

Kind Regards

noddy

You can use Explorer (or Finder if a Mac) to access the contents of the unit and remove files or folders.

But......do you have a backup of the map for the unit? If not and you delete the map folder on the unit, you will need to purchase a new one.

Well, make an Explorer backup of your unit's contents, and if not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Then you can delete everything from the unit, both files and folders, using Explorer.

If you connect to Home, you'll be offered an application which you can install.

But, you are still left with probably needing to buy a new map if there are no backups to utilize.

You can try copying the North_America map folder AND the folder called map from your Explorer backup and see if it'll work.........

Ask a Question