Deleting recent destinations

I have a new Tomtom One XL. Could anyone explain how I delete content from the Recent Destinations folder? I really don't want everyone who might use this to see all the interesting places I have been.

Your help would be very appreciated.

I have a new Tomtom One XL. Could anyone explain how I delete content from the Recent Destinations folder? I really don't want everyone who might use this to see all the interesting places I have been.

Your help would be very appreciated.

I have a 510 but the delete should be the same. The way to do it is to hit 'navigate to' and then touch 'recent destinations'. At the bottom of this screen you will see the delete option. Touch this bar and you will delete ALL of the recent destinations.

Isn't there also a config file on the TT you could open in notepad and change? Don't have one in front of me to check but I remember finding a file that had favorites listed as well as recent searches...this might be a better way to go that a complete wipe since it won't look like your hiding something.

Isn't there also a config file on the TT you could open in notepad and change? Don't have one in front of me to check but I remember finding a file that had favorites listed as well as recent searches...this might be a better way to go that a complete wipe since it won't look like your hiding something.

Yes, you are correct. The MapSettings.cfg contains all that information you described. I personally haven't tried notepad but there is a program (in German but easy to use) where you can delete certain recent destinations and not all.

However, you of course need a computer to do the editing.

Ah...I know i opened it once and I think it was notepad but I never tried changing it. Maybe I'll do it after a backup sometime jsut to see.

I have the TT ONE V4, and there is NO delete button at the bottom of the "recent destinations screen", only the "Find and Back" buttons. I have read the entire manual on the CD word for word and it doesn't even cover this issue, so how do I delete the recent destinations in my TT ONE V4? Any moderator want to explain this?

videoman

I have the TT ONE V4, and there is NO delete button at the bottom of the "recent destinations screen", only the "Find and Back" buttons. I have read the entire manual on the CD word for word and it doesn't even cover this issue, so how do I delete the recent destinations in my TT ONE V4? Any moderator want to explain this?

videoman

Do you have the latest firmware version 6.560?

I most certainly do have the newest firmware 6.560 so how come I still cam't delete my recent destinations? I found out that if I reset my TT ONE V4 to factory defaults in the menu, it will remove everything, including my home location and ALL preferences entered.
Is TomTom working on a fix for this issue in the next firmware? and any chance of replacing the BLUE arrow with a real car?

Wow, I must be missing something because I don't know why you don't have the delete button :confused:

The changing of the car icon should be available in the NavCore 7 update.

i have mine fully updated also, i have the 510 and use to be able to delete from nav to recent destinations and now I don't have the delete available. I have version 7.161 with the new tomtom home

the new update as of wed had a problem, support helped me with a new update and firmware and now I have the "delete" function again t the recent destinations

Helppppp with tto(v4)

I got myself into a problem for about 3 or 4 or 5 (cant remember exactly how long) hours straight and havent figured it out.
The problem is that when i turn on my tto the first screen that shows up is orange in the background and it has a red x with white color blinking as the background. I was trying to register my device code and so on .... and this problem occurred when I took the plug out of my tto.

If you know how to fix this problem can u please tell me.

Also do u know to reset the tto without using the function instead doing it manuelly like pressing the off button or something to that extend.

Thanks

I got myself into a problem for about 3 or 4 or 5 (cant remember exactly how long) hours straight and havent figured it out.
The problem is that when i turn on my tto the first screen that shows up is orange in the background and it has a red x with white color blinking as the background. I was trying to register my device code and so on .... and this problem occurred when I took the plug out of my tto.

If you know how to fix this problem can u please tell me.

Also do u know to reset the tto without using the function instead doing it manuelly like pressing the off button or something to that extend.

Thanks

It sounds like your unit wasn't removed properly from the computer.
Can you connect your ONE back to the computer?
If so, try to see if your computer recognizes it and try to restore the unit from a back up.
If you did not back up try and see if there are any updates. Install the update and safey remove the ONE by closing TT HOME. TT HOME is still active unless you exit from the task bar or click file then exit.
Then turn off the Device. You will hear the unit disconnect. Then it is safe to remove the USB plug from the unit then turn the unit back on.

Ask a Question