Dashboard Disk

Well for about two weeks now I had one of those Dashboard disks & I thought the adhesive was strong on it. Well it just took one hot day finally to come and when I got out of work my TT was on the floor :mad:
Well it seems to be working not cracked or anything anyone else ever have their TT fall or suction cup come lose and have it fall.

Glad everything is ok with the TT910.

I would recommend to not leave your TT in the car for 2 reasons:

1. Your car won't be a target for theft
2. The TT won't fall to the ground like you just explained

Well at work it's private drive so not worried about it being broken into, I know there is always that chance. But now I stuck it to the window using the suction cup but now im just worried if the sun is out and it gets Hot if the same thing might happen or even while driving or hitting a bump if it might pop off.

It might be worth your while to look into other alternative mounts such as proclipusa. I don't own any of their products but the mounts looks very sturdy.

Alternative to Mounting Disk

3M has a velcro like product which works great and is readily available and cheaper. It is tougher than regular velcro. You can find it most anywhere: Target, hardware stores, the *Marts, etc.

i pop mine off the mount and put it in the
consloe of the truck and leave the mount on the dash/windshield.
might be a easy solution 4 ya so the mount dont come loose

it might be worth a try

I've heard of this problem on hot days. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I'll be on the lookout since it gets rather warm in TX. :)

Leaving Tomtom In Car

Well at work it's private drive so not worried about it being broken into, I know there is always that chance. But now I stuck it to the window using the suction cup but now im just worried if the sun is out and it gets Hot if the same thing might happen or even while driving or hitting a bump if it might pop off.

ARE YOU DEAD SURE YOU DON'T HAVE THIEVES BETWEEN YOUR FELLOW EMPLOYEES? IF IT'S TEMPTING YOU CAN FIND THIEVES YOU NEVER KNEW WHERE AROUND YOU! YOU EVEN SAY IT IN YOUR LETTER "THERE IS ALWAYS A CHANCE" SO YOU'RE NOT SURE.....HUH? ALSO WHY LEAVE IT IN THE SUN? IS IT THAT HARD TO TAKE IT OFF AND TAKE IT WITH YOU?

No its not that hard to take it with me, but being there is only 5 guys working in the warehouse and we have our own parking lot and it's private I felt comfortable leaving it there but there is no shade to park in so found out the hard way.

Sorry to hear about this.
Im a little confused. Did your TomTom and mount fall down or the did the fall include the dashboard disk?
I know it safe areas it's tempting to leave one's TomTom in the car. I take it down, not only for theft reasons, but for the temperature in the vechile.

Another member has bought some kind of heavy duty adhesive tape made for outdoor. I think that should do the trick.

Yea, I saw that also somewhere. I do remember it was a 3M tape that was bought at Home Depot and it is made for outdoors. In fact, it's the same tape that is used on the window deflectors that go on the outside of your window.

I haven't got my dashboard disk yet but I did order one off of ebay. I was planning on using that 3M tape to mount it.

Wow, Im sorry to hear that. I haven't had any problems with my older dashboard disk coming off
But I do recommned add the 3M adhesive to it.

Even though my did come off, it caused vibrations to my unit. I had modified another mount for my 910 with was steady as a rock! but once attached to the daskboard disk, I noticed major vibrations. It was due to the daskboard disk. The problem was the adhesive and the fact it wasn't placed on a completed flat surface.

Hey Pedro,
Actually the whole disk came up and the adhesive was left on my dash.

I have been using ProClip's 2 part mounting system. It is expensive, but it works great. The only disadvantage is that the GO300 is no where near my line-of-sight when I am looking out of the window. When I was window mounting the unit (using the suction cap) I did not have to move my eyes too much off from the road to view the screen. Unfortunately window mounting is not an option here in California.

I have been using ProClip's 2 part mounting system. It is expensive, but it works great. The only disadvantage is that the GO300 is no where near my line-of-sight when I am looking out of the window. When I was window mounting the unit (using the suction cap) I did not have to move my eyes too much off from the road to view the screen. Unfortunately window mounting is not an option here in California.

I just broke down and decided to order the proclip mounting system. I still think its expensive but I don't like the sunction mount on the windshield. I hope I made the right decision :)

nyer, why dont you try the RAM mount for the GO 300 found here. It can be attached to a proclip mount similar to my setup

DF, you made the right choice. The proclip mount for the ONE is one of the nicest and best setup. Very sturdy simple. easy to mount and unmount.

Ask a Question