910 - Proclip & Ram mounts

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
Here's how I mounted my 910 using a Proclip and RAM mounts on my Scion XB.
click on each image for better viewing
Tools needed: Flat head & Torx screwer

First is to modify the original mount. Since the RAM x10 mount wraps itself around the unit, you still need the orginal mount to access your accessories and your automatic switch of day to night and vice versa.
Use your original mount and unscrew the 3 screw using the T8.

Next, remove the outer shell and unscrew the 2 screws with T6.

Here's an image with all of the parts removed

Remove the suction cup T frame and put the parts back together

This is how it should look

Here are the ram mount parts used:

I attached the ball part to the x10 mount.

A image shot of my proclip car mount

Screwing in the Diamond Base to the proclip

Next, I attached the socket with arm will attach to the diamond base.

Before closing the other half of the socket arm, I added the ball socket attaching to the x10 mount. I had my little nephew help hold the socket arm.

Next I add the washers the socket arm came with.

I close the socket arm with the hand lock.

I attach the modded original mount to my 910.

I then place the 910 into the RAM mount.

Last edited:
Thanks!
The only hard part of the installation was putting in the Proclip car mount. It was a pain to get it in the proper spot.

Sweet, thanks for sharing! Been waiting to see this for awhile, nice setup!

For peeps who want the RAM setup without using a proclip, RAM sells an adhesive that is attached to your dash or else where and a RAM part is secured on that with out screws.
I'll post the link and pics soon.

It is pretty solid. The RAM parts are inexpensive too. You don't even need a proclip. Just a space where to attach an adhesive part so the RAM part lies on that.

With the ProcClip+RAM mount that PedroNR has created for the 910, is it easy to remove the TomTom and reattach it? For example when I want to connect my new 910 to my PC to load updated software, Quickfix etc? With the ProClip+ProClip mount I currently have for my old GO300, removing and attaching the TomTom is a breeze.

910 proclip & ram mounts

pedro,

amazing work, great pics. how does the mount handle vibrations? is it stable? also, is it as large mounted to your dash as it looks? i have a volvo s60 and i already have a pro clip dash mount. just curious as to the actual dash dimentions.
thanks
paulette :)

Ask a Question