Custom Poi's

Andy, just for giggles, try changing your language from English_UK to English_US on your device and go through the renaming process again. There is no reason for the results s/b different (i.e., to match Alfie's results) but ......:confused:

Stranger things have happened...

And would you believe it just did!

I switched to US English and I created a new POI category on the XL itself, calling it "Diy2".

I then connected to the PC and renamed the files to "DIY2" and also made copies which I called "_DIY2"

When I looked at the POI list "Diy2" was still there under D in the alphabetical list, but the one with the underscore at the top of the list HAD magically turned into "DIY2".

Now I've got to go back and try it again in my normal language, because the only OTHER difference is that I made this test POI on the device itself, but my original DIY file was made in POI Edit.

Well, a few more tests later and (unless I've made a mistake) it *is* all down to the language settings.

Set to US English, renaming diy to _DIY puts it into capitals on-screen.

Set to UK English, it doesn't.

My head hurts!

Well, a few more tests later and (unless I've made a mistake) it *is* all down to the language settings.

Set to US English, renaming diy to _DIY puts it into capitals on-screen.

Set to UK English, it doesn't.

My head hurts!
As Winston Churchill said (courtesy of Mark Twain), "Great Britain and the United States - two countries divided by a common language." :eek:

With best wishes,
- Tom -

When I mentioned that I had noticed you were in the UK and maybe that was it, I had no idea there was a different language pack!

If you leave it US English then you'll have to learn the language the right way! :D

Glad to hear you got it working. :thumb:

If you leave it US English then you'll have to learn the language the right way! :D

Not one of my FAVOURITE suggestions, old boy! :cool: You'll have me changing my COLOUR schemes next....

And what FLAVOUR of COLOUR do you prefer?

When I mentioned that I had noticed you were in the UK and maybe that was it, I had no idea there was a different language pack!

If he does that, he might start driving on the right side of the road, and stop driving on the wrong side.

:decision:

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question