Corrected map doesn't show up on XL

I have added a frontage road on a map and thought I followed directions but it is not showing up when I run a route simulator to check it. Have I missed something? Is there an easy way to add streets instantly. I'd be happy to map share it, but even if it's only on my unit thats ok because that street is where I work on. Thanks

adding streets using mapshare is one thing you will not physically see. This will be seen on future map udates.

adding streets using mapshare is one thing you will not physically see. This will be seen on future map udates.
When you say "future map updates", do you mean full new map releases, or are added streets also included in the community MapShare updates provided you bring the "authority" level down load enough? I should at least see MY updates if I've told it to provide my own, shouldn't it? The missing road business can be a real nuisance when it comes to routing ... and as an aside, Mapquest has them all correct! Can't say I've been super excited about the TeleAtlas set for NA as yet.

yes, corrections would be placed on full new map releases.
Ouch. One wonders about both the practicality and reasoning behind that move. I should think that if an individual user has need for local corrections to avoid constant routing errors, that the map change, even of the "add road" variety, would be reflected in the user's unit's local map immediately. Seems as though this should be able to be modified in the "user patch" file.

What's perhaps more disconcerting is the fact that when I go to the TeleAtlas site and view their maps directly (by way of requesting a map change there for missing roads or roads segments that don't exist), their maps seem to be consistently FAR behind those of both Google and Mapquest -- at least for Colorado. Do others experience this as well? Seems a shame to have TT tied in with one a less proficient provider...

Ask a Question