Clear Route Button: XL 320

TomTom Model(s)
Go720 (3rd unit...2 stolen)
I have had a 720 Go for about 10 months now. An amazing unit that does all I could ask for and have no issues other than lousy battery life.

I just bought my wife an XL 320. As it is simply a nav aid for her, it has all the things we could want.

Only issue is: On the 720, once I have completed a journey and got to my destination, I go to the main menu and scroll to the 3rd page whereby I hit Clear route.? I am asked if I want to clear the route, I go yes and its done.

I noticed today while looking to purchase, that although the std 320 with the smaller screen has that feature, this upgraded model with the larger screen does not.?? WTF..is up with that.!!:D

I'm told it is exactly the same software....hmm, so I'm told. Yet this feature is not available unless one touches the screen in the bottom where all the travel info is and there is a little button that does the same.

Question: Is there any way to make this unit work like the std 320 and the 720 in regards to the "Clear Route" button.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. If it is a matter of moving or copying a certain file from my 720 to give me this added feature, I would love to know what / how to do it.

other thing is, Can I delete the whole OS from this unit and install the 720 OS...albeit with less functionality.??

Thank you,

stk

It may be a case where the preference option is set to show fewer menu options (Clear route being one eliminated). When all menu options are showing, the icon to switch is on page 8, I think. With fewer showing, the icon is page 3. Worth checking out, anyway.
----------------------------
Yep, I just checked it on my unit. When fewer menu options are selected, there are only 2, not 3 pages, of main menu screens. One of the items missing is 'clear route'.

Ask a Question