Buy map to use on two different one's

Discussion in 'Maps and Routing' started by crawforj, Jun 3, 2009.

1. crawforj

crawforj

I have 2 One 3rd editions. One I have in my truck the other I leave on my Harley. If I buy a map from TOMTOM can I install it on both of my GPS's or would I have to pay for 2 maps>

I hate to pay 79.95 times 2 for maps.

Thanks

crawforj, Jun 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. crawforj

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Sorry, but maps are locked to a specific device when installed. You can't share maps, even when the units are the same model.

dhn, Jun 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. crawforj

CynicX

Yep, it sucks but if you could share between your two units then you could share with anyone. That is just bad business...

HOWEVER I would only update the one you use the most. See if anything you've noticed that is incorrect is fixed or not. If your area is generally unaffected (to your knowledge anyway) there is no sense in buying it twice.

The 79.00 maps are usually bigger maps. Do you drive your harley out of the country? Maybe, but if not consider a smaller map that is less expensive.

You could also alternate updates. Do your truck now, next update do the motorcycle, then truck, etc etc.

The last update (830) I got as part of my map subscription policy. Other then a couple speed limit changes I havent noticed any real differences. If it wasnt prepaid I wouldnt have gotten it...

CynicX, Jun 5, 2009
  4. crawforj

crawforj

Guess I will wait till my next big road trip then up date.

I was in Washington DC for Memorial Day and there were exits on my GPS that no longer existed. I got a little mad a time or two when the GPD was telling me to exit and there was no exit....LOL

crawforj, Jun 8, 2009
  5. crawforj

Vorlon

TomTom Model(s):
    All of them :)
    HI there

The maps are locked on your device to your TomTom and also on your TomTom account. It would cause huge amounts of piracy if they did not do this.. Also dont try to use " other means " to get another map.. TomTom will know ;)

Have fun

Vorlon, Jun 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question