upgrade or buy new map??

TomTom Model(s)
xxl
i've got an old map...version 840..so i bought it in november 2009...
now it's better to upgrade my map (with map update service for 56 € and in this case i could have the update for 1 year with 4 updating maps) or it would be better if i buy a new european map for 42 €??
if i chose the last idea, how much will it cost the next update??

(I'm sorry for my english!)

martina

First of all, the latest version is 890 BUT 895 is due within a couple of weeks. So, if you've waited this long, I'd suggest you wait for the newest map.

That said, it's hard to tell, once a map is bought, as to what the cost will be for the following map.

For example, if you got 895 when it comes out, will you want 900 when it is released in November or do you want to wait for some time after that before updating? The longer the wait between upgrades, the higher the cost to upgrade.

Personally, maybe the subscription cost is better in the long run but wait a few weeks to get it.

I am the owner of a Tom Tom XXL. I am trying to update my Tom Tom map but I don't how to go about it. Please advise.

@wafmcallister
Connect your XXL, let TomTom HOME run, use the "Purchase Maps" button. You'll need to be sure you've registered it at some point. If you haven't, use the "File" / "Log in" option in HOME.

Ask a Question