Best Buy Prices for 930 Inflated?

It seems as though Best Buy is charging $50 more for the 930 than anywhere else, including tomtom.com.

Tomtom.com has them for $499, Amazon has them for $499... so why does Best Buy list them at $549?

And, no, the Best Buy model is not the 930T... all of the prices above are the 930.

I know Best Buy doesn't price match Amazon, but I would think they'd price match the manufacturer's site, huh?

The reason being that I have a Best Buy credit card :D and I've got a 10% off coupon for Best Buy.

Of course, if I was able to get them to price match tomtom.com, then they probably wouldn't let me use the coupon.

I really do hate Best Buy... :mad:

Typical BB, they did the same thing on the GO920:mad: You have to bring the MSRP information form the TT site and hit them up side the head with it. They they will match.

They may not match an internet site, but they will match local stores - like Circuit City, Fry's, etc. Try and see what is available locally. Also, better still - check their in-store adds - would get you an even better match.

I don't recall if GPS devices are 14 day or 30 day items at Best Buy - check and keep that in mind so you don't miss out.

If you can't get a good price match from them, consider returning it and ordering from a site (with a good reputation) who discounts it plus who will not charge sales tax in your state. You will come out way ahead of your 10% best Buy savings.

At the beginning of the recent price drops on the 920, the local Best Buy was selling the 920T for $499.99 - the same price as their own web site, as well as Circuit City and their web site. About 10 miles down the road, where a new Best Buy location had opened only two months earlier, their everyday selling price for the 920T was $434.99.

I don't know where you're located but I purchased my 930 at a Baltimore Best Buy for $499. So far they're still at that price.
John

I bought mine at a Bestbuy here in Ohio for $489...and yes I agree...they will price match any competitor.

The best place to buy a 930 would be Crutchfield.com. I bought my 930T there for 529.00 U.S and that included no tax and free shipping. You can get the standard 930 there for $479.00 no tax, free shipping as long as you don't live in the same state as Crutchfield.

You have to go on the web for crutchfield online coupons to get the $20.00 discount which can be applied at checkout.

Not specific to the 930, but Best Buy and Future Shop in Canada have come under fire for inflating prices. In the news yesterday. Best Buy issued a statement that they would investigate. As I listened I thought that NO one with a Computer should be surprised as prices are EASY to check. Caveat Emptor!

Sidney

Not specific to the 930, but Best Buy and Future Shop in Canada have come under fire for inflating prices. In the news yesterday. Best Buy issued a statement that they would investigate. As I listened I thought that NO one with a Computer should be surprised as prices are EASY to check. Caveat Emptor!

Sidney

Best Buy is nowhere as bad as Home Depot! Take the shop vac Ridgid WD1850 for instance, the difference between the USA and Canadian price is unacceptable! All too often the cost of shipping to Canada from the USA will remove any cost benefit when added to the customs fees which vary between shipping companies even though the item is duty free. Just processing the document implies a fee that varies between 10$ and more frequent 25$ to which you need to add the often 25$ cost of shipping unless you can get it shipped std USPS. There are also many items whose warranty is not supported by the Canadian subsidiary when you purchased from the USA.

Ask a Question